Free UK shipping on all orders. Orders shipped worldwide. Warehouse is closed for stock audit. Any orders placed now, will be shipped on 3rd June
0 Cart
Added to Cart
    You have items in your cart
    You have 1 item in your cart
      Nowadays, cashmere is used to make a whole variety of clothing; from cashmere scarves and accessories, to jumpers and linings of winter coats. If you’d like to know what cashmere is (link) or how and where cashmere is made (link), we’ve got the ideal article for you.

      Due to the laborious and expensive production rate, it’s no surprise that companies use clever tactics to exaggerate the quality of the cashmere they’re selling. Usually, an authentic cashmere scarf will cost around £40. So why is it that we’re seeing apparent “cashmere” jumpers on the market for half of that?

      You need to make an informed decision before purchasing cashmere. Here are some useful tips:
      1. Look at the label.
        I was recently shopping in my local supermarket and came across an apparent cashmere jumper, retailing at around the £25 mark. It felt soft to touch and looked pretty real – so why the low price tag? Many retailers will vary the percentages of actual cashmere to reduce the price. This particular jumper was only 40% cashmere, with the remaining 60% belonging to a variety of other materials. The label doesn’t lie, so always check what you’re getting into before you pop it in the basket.

      2. What Colour Is It?
        Google image ‘Cashmere Goat’ (link) and you’ll be greeted with a variety of different looking goats. They can be variations of grey, white or black in colour… but never pink. What colour is the item you’re considering? Artificial colours are known to damage the delicate cashmere fabric, so we’d recommend sticking to natural coloured cashmeres, or items that state the process of colouring. We know you wouldn’t buy a faulty phone, so steer clear of faulty cashmere.

      3. If possible, check its manufacturing.
        Some cashmere is manufactured by hand, and others use machines named Khaddi’s. The term “Hand Woven” refers to the use of these machines, and “Hand Knitted” means it has been manufactured personally by hand. It’s important to note that the finished piece will look different depending on the manufacturing method, so be sure to know how yours has been made.

      4. Check the return’s policy.
        This one might seem clear, but many retailers offering cheaper “cashmere” products will often have strict returns policies. Before you purchase anything, make sure you know that you’ll be able to get your money back if you’re not happy. Mixing cashmere with other materials is fine in practice, but you as the consumer won’t get the warmth, softness and luxury that pure and authentic cashmere guarantees.

      If you have any other questions on how to spot faux or exaggerated cashmere, please feel free to email us at, or alternatively give us a call on 08456529519